Rothe v. Department Of Defense et al: The Native American Contractors Association Builds A Collation and Files an Amicus Brief to Preserve Sovereign Native Rights Under the Small Business Administrations 8(a) Program
January 28, 2016—Over the past several months, the Native American Contractors Association took on a monumental task and built a coalition of several Native American organizations, associations, sovereign tribal governments, and Native businesses to file an amicus curiae brief in the case of Rothe Development, Inc. v. U.S. Department of Defense on appeal at the D.C. Circuit. NACA’s brief asserts that Native American companies involved in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development Program should not be found susceptible to the constitutional challenge brought forth by Rothe.
WHAT NACA IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE OUR 3RD ANNUAL B2B CONFERENCE & EXPO! WHEN NOVEMBER 17-19, 2015 WHERE THE RINCON BAND OF LUISEÑO INDIANS HARRAH'S SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RESORT SAN DIEGO,...
SAVE THE DATE! NACA2015 B2B Conference & Expo | November 17-19, 2015 San Diego, California | Harrah's Resort Southern California NACA is excited to announce our Save the Date for the upcoming NACA2015 Conference & Expo. Registration will be live soon! Make sure to...
WASHINGTON DC – April 27, 2015: The Native American Contractors Association (NACA) Board of Directors is excited to announce that Michael “Keawe” Anderson has been hired as the NACA Executive Director. The selection process for the incoming NACA Executive Director...
WASHINGTON, DC (March 18, 2015) | | In an exciting week, Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) and Representative Don Young (R-AK) championed two letters on Capitol Hill directed to the Defense Secretary Ash Carter urging Carter to complete a study identifying the negative...
Native American Contractors Association and National Association of Surety Bond Producers Sign Memorandum of Understanding
WASHINGTON, DC (September 11, 2014) — Today, the Native American Contractors Association and National Association of Surety Bond Producers signed a Memorandum of Understanding between the two organizations. In an effort to increase awareness by Native business...
WASHINGTON, DC (August 20, 2014)– Last week, the Native American Contractors Association launched State and Local Procurements as the newest feature in its successful NACA Business Development Portal. In early 2014, the NACA team along with its technical partner,...
Native American Contractors Association Sponsors Center for Native American Youth Champions for Change; Sends Young Leaders to White House Town Hall
Native American Contractors Association Sponsors Center for Native American Youth Champions for Change; Sends Young Leaders to White House Town Hall WASHINGTON, JULY 24, 2014 – On Monday, July 20, 2014, President Obama announced new commitments to the My Brother's...
Native Organizations Stand Unified Against Senator McCaskill and Support the Native 8(a) Program in Alaska Native Communities
"In a show of unity, organizations across the country reject Senator Claire McCaskill's (D-MO) continued unwarranted attacks on Native American federal contractors," said Kevin Allis, Executive Director of the Native American Contractors Association (NACA), and tribal...
Yesterday, NACA Executive Director Kevin Allis testified before the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs during an Oversight Hearing on "Economic Development: Encouraging Investment in Indian Country." Allis utilized his time before the Committee in bringing attention...
NACA Press Releases
- Minority Business Groups Sign Historic Memorandum to Strengthen Minority Business Relations
- Native American Contractors Association Partners with Notah Begay III Foundation in First Annual Golf Tournament
- United States Small Business Administration and Native American Contractors Association Sign Historic Strategic Alliance Memorandum
- The Native American Contractors Association Announces its 1st Annual B2B Conference & Expo in Palm Springs, California: Annual Conference Marks NACA’s 10 Year Anniversary: April 25, 2013
- The Native American Contractors Association Responds to Congressman’s Remarks Regarding Hispanic Americans: March 30, 2013
- Native American Federal Contractors Dazed by Recent Report on an Increase in Direct Awards to Large Business and Senator Claire McCaskill’s attack on Alaska Native Corporations: March 22, 2013
- NACA Launches New Business Development Portal with Strong Support from the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Black Chamber, Inc.: January 17, 2013
- NACA Responds to Rep. Markey’s Proposed Legislation: January 9, 2013
- The Native American Contractors Association Names New Board of Directors: November 9, 2012
- The Native American Contractors Association Receives MBDA Business Center Grant to Fund Anchorage, Alaska Office: September 18, 2012
- NACA Remembers Board Member and Founder Barney Uhart: September 11, 2012
- Native American Contractors Association Publishes Best Practices Guide: July 5, 2012
- Native American Contractors Association Publishes Economic Impact Study: May 8, 2012
- Native American Contractors Association Response to Indian Country Today Article: March 16, 2012
- NACA Commends Swift Prosecution of Fraudulent Employee: March 8, 2012
- NACA Announces New Executive Director: Kevin J. Allis: February 21, 2012
- NACA Responds to GAO Report on Native American Contracting: February 7, 2012
- Representatives of Native Enterprises Testify Before Michigan Senate Committee on 8(a) Tribal Economic Development Opportunities in Michigan: December 21, 2011
- NACA Plans for New Executive Director: October 31, 2011
- Native Business Leaders Convene in DC – Applaud U.S. Attorney’s office in prosecution of employees in contracting fraud: October 4, 2011
- Senator Claire McCaskill Continues to Advance Anti-Native Agenda: September 20, 2011
- NACA’s Legislative Director, Dennis Worden, and External Affairs Coordinator, Jennine Elias Named 2011 Native American 40 Under 40: September 6, 2011
- NACA Announces Transition of Executive Directors: June 23, 2011
- Tribal Leaders Urge Congress to Preserve Native Enterprise Participation in the SBA 8(a) Program: April 8, 2011
- Native Leaders Testify Before Congress on the Essential Role, History and Value of Native 8(a) Enterprises: April 7, 2011
- Senator Claire McCaskill Uses Legislative Loophole to Advance Anti-Native Agenda: March 31, 2011
- NACA Responds to ProPublica Story on Alaska Native Corporations: March 18, 2011
- Native Groups Respond to SBA 8(a) Regulations: February 11, 2011
- ProPublica Misleads Readers on Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) Subcontracting: January 28, 2011
- USA Today Outsources Biased Story on Alaska Native Corporations: December 16, 2010
- Senator Claire McCaskill, Rep. Bennie Thompson Introduce Anti-Native Legislation: November 22, 2010
- Senator McCaskill Poised to Break Congressional Promise to Alaska Native People: October 11, 2010
- Native American Contractors Association Responds to the Washington Post Series on Alaska Native Corporations: October 4, 2010
Joint Press Releases
- National Tribal Organizations Respond to Sen. McCain’s Amendment to Eliminate Funding for the Indian Incentive Program: March 14, 2013
- Minority Business Leaders Urge Compromise Before Fiscal Cliff: December 13, 2012
- National Minority Organizations Respond to Federal Court DynaLantic Corp. Decision: August 31, 2012