NACA Membership is the heart and pulse of our NACA organization. NACA offers two forms of Membership: (1) Full Membership, for Community-Owned Native American Federal Contracting Firms and (2) Associate Membership, for Individually-Owned Native American Federal Contracting Firms.
As a NACA Member you join a strong network of Native American owned businesses that create a collective voice for advocacy and mutual support. NACA also provides Member Services that includes educational opportunities, regular communications and engagement, member highlights, events, networking opportunities, and monthly advocacy and policy updates.
How to Become a NACA Member
Are you a Native American Community or Individually-Owned business? If you are owned by a Tribe, Alaska Native Corporation, Native Hawaiian Organization or an Individual Native American your company is eligible to become a NACA Member.
Fill out the membership form and join NACA’s Membership today!
NACA Member Benefits
NACA Members will receive robust value propositions that will inform them of important legislative matters pertaining to Native business and economic development, as well as valuable business development networks, resources, and opportunity announcements.
NACA Member Benefits Snapshot:
- Vote for NACA Board of Directors*
- Determine NACA Policy Priorities**
- Free attendance to the policy focused Outreach Summit*
- Direct access and support from contracting experts
- One-on-One advocacy support upon request
- Free and discounted access to trainings
- Free and discounted access to networking events
- Real time federal contracting policy and regulation announcements
- Access to a Membership Directory of Native Businesses
- Monthly Membership Call
- Monthly Newsletter which includes:
- Monthly Policy Update
- Events Announcements
- Contracting Opportunity Referrals
- SBA Updates
- Training and Seminar Registration Links
- Complimentary subscriptions to publications such as the Tribal Business Journal
- Member Highlight
*Not available in Associate Membership
**Associate Members can submit policy recommendations but do not have voting rights for policy priority determination
- Top-notch policy advocates and advisors
- Support Services to schedule one-on-one meetings with Congressional offices, Federal Agencies, and other Small Business Organizations
- Free attendance to the NACA Outreach summit where NACA staff will outline talking points, provide advocacy training, and schedule meetings on the Hill and with Federal Agency officials for you*
- Monitoring and advocating in key Judicial cases that have impacts on Native Contracting
- Engaging Federal Agencies to ensure they are supporting the 8(a) program for Native Contractors
- Real time Legislative Broadcasts sent to membership on policy changes that will affect their businesses
- Monthly DC Representative Update, bringing real-time information around policies that affect NACA Member businesses
- Advocacy on NACA’s 17 policy priorities of 2016
- A voice to determine the policy agenda for the organization
*Not Available to Associate Members
- NACA Outreach Summit, March 9-10, 2016: (formerly known as the “Congressional Outreach Summit”) The NACA Outreach Summit is a two day event exclusively for NACA members. The days are filled with face-to-face meetings with key legislators, their staff, and agency administrators. NACA will schedule your meetings and provide all the tools you need to advocate for your issues. This is a free event for Full NACA Members.*
- Emerging Native Leaders Summit, August 16-18, 2016: This event offers rising stars in business around Indian Country an opportunity to strengthen their skills and receive hands on training on tools that they can use for the future. Trainings range from business planning, IT & Security, to policies and regulations. NACA Members can send their staff to this event with a members only discount. Scholarships to attend can be applied for based on availability.
- NACA Annual Business to Business Conference & Expo, November 1-3, 2016: NACA brings Native Contractors from all over the country together to share in successes and learn from each other’s hardships. NACA provides speakers from top leading industries and major federal agencies to give you the best information on what rules and regulations are being changed, what types of cyber security programs can help your company stay safe, market trends as to where Native Contracting is going and more! NACA Members receive a registration discount to this event.
- Regional Outreach Events: Each year NACA will travel to different member regions to engage with the communities it serves directly. During these events NACA staff conduct site-visits to member corporations to gain a firsthand look at the work our members are doing. These visits ensure that we can tell the stories of our members better. NACA staff also bring along experts in various business fields to provide seminars and trainings to its members and their staff, rather than placing the burden on the corporation to travel to us, we come to you.
*Not Available to Associate Members
Trainings & Support Services
- Access to in-house federal contracting experts who can guide you through NACIS codes, identifying mentor-protege partnerships, and more
- Access to a business referral system where other contractors are looking for partners to pursue bids and business ventures (coming soon)
- On-site trainings, and seminars based around important federal government contracting topics during our regional outreach events
- Webinars tailored to Native Business interests and free to members that bring you up to date information on:
- Contracting Processes
- Compliance and Regulations
- Market Trends and Analysis
- Cyber Security
- Business Systems and Tools
- Access to NACA meeting facilities located on Capitol Hill, next to Union Station in Washington, D.C. Facilities include large conference and event meeting spaces, as well as a smaller conference room at no cost to the member (based on availability).
- Monthly Newsletter
- Monthly Blog
- Member Highlights featuring NACA Members and the great work they do in supporting their communities
- Personal interaction with NACA Staff
- Networking Receptions
Membership dues are paid annually per the calendar year. Full Membership dues are based on the federal contracting revenue accrued during the previous calendar year. Associate Membership dues come as a standard flat rate. To find out more about membership dues please reach out to the Membership and Operations Manager Jamison Huff at Jamison@nativecontractors.org
2017 NACA Membership
Alaska Native Corporations
Native Hawaiian Organizations
Are you interested in supporting NACA’s mission?
Work with us to strengthen Native Corporations and their communities by becoming a NACA Corporate Sponsor or Strategic Partner.
NACA utilizes it’s sponsorships and partnerships to build a robust network of relationships that support NACA’s work to Enhance the Economic Self-sufficiency of America’s Indigenous Peoples.
To learn more detail about becoming a Corporate Sponsor or a Strategic Partner follow the links below.
NACA Corporate Partners are established through the purchasing of a sponsorship package. NACA offers a wide variety of packages that can accommodate a range of business needs. Packages range from $2,500-$20,000 with a variety of benefits to select from. Examples of Corporate Partners include:
- Non-Native Corporations wishing to partner with Native Corporations
- Business Service Providers
- Training and Technical Assistance Providers
- Financial Institutions
- Lobbying and Legal Services Firms
- Philanthropic Organizations wanting to support Native Communities
- Informational and News Networks
NACA Strategic Partners are organizations, associations, chambers of commerce, and agencies that provide services that relate to and support NACA’s mission. Examples of Strategic Partners include:
- Native American Non-Profit Organizations
- Business & Economic Development Organizations
- Youth Education Organizations
- Federal, State, and Local Agencies
- Tribal Governments
- Chambers of Commerce